1. Each student has the right to a certified competent instructor, knowledgeable about the curriculum and traffic safety issues. With that right each student has the responsibility to arrive prepared and on time for every class without such distractions as talking or text messaging on cell phones, being disrespectful to the instructor, or talking with other students in class.
2. Each student has the right to be taught the entire 30 hours of classroom instruction in an informative, interesting and challenging manner. With that right each student has the responsibility to be attentive and actively participate in every class.
3. Each student has the right to experience the full 6 hours of behind-the-wheel driving instruction as required in the curriculum. With that right each student will listen to the instructor and not drive in a negligent or dangerous manner.
4. Each student has the right to be treated in a courteous, civil and respectful manner. With that right students have the responsibility to be polite and respectful to their instructors at all times, and be willing to accept positive criticism to help them achieve driving success.
5. Each student has the right to attend class in a clean, safe, secure, temperature-controlled and fully-equipped classroom that meets the local fire and building codes and MVA requirements. With that right each student has the responsibility to respect the property of the driving school by not defacing or destroying equipment or vehicles.
6. Each student and parent/driver coach has the right to visit the driving school, see the instructor’s license and certification, and the right to observe any class session including in-car sessions, in which their child is included. With that right each parent/driver coach has the responsibility to refrain from interfering with the instruction, classroom or driving, while the class is in session.
7. Each parent/driver coach and student has the right to have the driver education program, including both the 30 hours of classroom instruction and the 6 hours of required driving time, completed within 18 weeks of the first day of class. With that right each parent/driver coach has the responsibility to take an active role in his/her student’s driver education by monitoring all progress, communicating with the driving school and/or instructor, and practicing with the student driver if he/she has a learner’s permit.
8. Each parent/driver coach and student has the right to place a complaint with the Motor Vehicle Administration regarding problems associated with the driving school or the instructor (the number to call is 410-424-3751). With that right each parent/driver coach and student has the responsibility to attempt to promptly pay the driving school for the driver education class and to attempt to alert the owner or manager of the driving school about any problems or complaints before contacting an outside agency.
I understand the rights and responsibilities of Driving Schools, Students, and Parent/Driver Coach
Student ____________________________________ Signature______________________Date_____________
Parent/Driver Coach __________________________ Signature_______________________Date_____________
School Official ____________________________________________Title __________________ Date ___________